What We Believe
United Christian Missions is a non-denominational network of Christian individuals and churches dedicated to spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ through organized mission endeavors. The goal of the organization is to lead evangelical Christians in joint mission endeavors of evangelization and discipleship by providing spiritual, physical and educational assistance to the needy and deserving through local Christian churches in Nicaragua.
Statement of Faith
United Christian Missions Is Based Upon the Following Core Beliefs:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired Word of God, it is our authority for ministry and the basis for decisions and directions.
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that, for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit and that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Christian life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of condemnation.
- We believe the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ is the common denominator that transcends our differences.
- We believe that the ministry of evangelism is the responsibility of the church and each Christian.
- We believe that Christians are to be ambassadors for Christ by demonstrating God’s grace, love and hope by providing for and ministering to the needy people of the world.