UCM provides the supporter an opportunity to know exactly how their donated funds are used. Every dollar given is used 100% for the need for which it is designated.
- UCM’s leadership team and our skilled Nicaragua field coordinators provide on the field support even when the donor is unable to be on the mission field. The field coordinators report on all projects and people assisted.
- All funds are channeled through pastors that agree with the UCM “Statement of Beliefs”
- UCM and its Nicaragua field coordinators identify the needs of the local churches and facilitate mission team visits.
- UCM dollars are spent in such a way to enhance the local church’s ministry and not to promote UCM or foreign dependence.
- UCM sponsors mission trips to Nicaragua, which enables individuals to go and see first-hand the great needs that exist. The trips enable individuals to then provide Holy Spirit inspired mission activities in the life of the individual and in turn, those they touch, as a result of their mission trip. Often a pastor or church leader joins a UCM mission team to experience international missions up close and personal.
- UCM provides expert guidance in the states and in Nicaragua. UCM handles the arrangements both before and during the trip including flights, hotels, transportation and interpreters.
- UCM works to keep mission trip expenses affordable and organized. However, it does not fund mission trips. Each mission trip participant is responsible for securing his or her own funding.
- By working through UCM, individual donors, families, organizations, charities and established evangelical churches can know for sure how their mission dollars are spent. The goal of UCM is not simply to provide assistance for the local church but to serve as an enabler to help it grow and multiply.
- The goal of UCM is not to control the local church but to be a facilitator of the ministry that already exists in each community and provide accountability for the individuals and churches that are provided financial assistance.
- United Christian Missions was established on the belief that the local church, wherever it may be, should be the primary instrument of evangelism and discipleship. Therefore, in an effort to bolster the local church, it is not the intent of UCM to encourage Nicaraguan church members to leave their homeland.
- In sharing needs that can be met by donations, it is not the intent of UCM to encourage support for its mission efforts at the expense of support for the donor’s local church.